SoundCloud made one of its biggest announcements of the year today, saying it will expand its SoundCloud Premier platform, which allows artists to monetize their music. In the past this has been reserved to a small batch of artists and labels, frustrating many who have wanted to monetize their music or felt their songs weren’t being properly monetized on the platform.
SoundCloud, the world’s largest open audio platform, today announced it is expanding its direct monetization program, SoundCloud Premier.
“SoundCloud is the world’s largest open audio platform, with content from more than 20 million creators,” said Kerry Trainor, Chief Executive Officer, SoundCloud. “Expanding SoundCloud Premier’s direct monetization offering from thousands, to hundreds of thousands of eligible creators is an exciting step in our commitment to empowering as many creators as possible to grow their careers first on SoundCloud.”
About SoundCloud Premier
Joining SoundCloud Premier offers independent creators:
- Leading revenue share: SoundCloud meets or beats any other streaming service.
- Instant availability: Eligible original tracks are available for immediate discovery and monetization – no waiting.
- Direct connection with fans: Likes, comments, follows and reposts in real-time from SoundCloud’s global community
- Fast payouts: Creators get paid directly each month.
- SoundCloud Pro or Pro Unlimited subscriber
- Only original music can be monetized, creator must own or control all applicable rights
- No copyright strikes at time of enrollment
- 18 years old or age of majority in their country
More info visit www.soundcloud.com