A decade, give or take, since Kaiser’s first made his mark. He comes in this month with a new album with edited tracks and also new stuff.
“Luminous” lingers in kick drum-less bliss for the first five minutes, and when a four-on-the-foor thud enters it barely disturbs the rich sheets of cottony atmosphere. Kaiser Gayser runs to a hypnotic vibes of bouncing chords and tick-tock hi-hats. Not much happens outside of the lead-line, which flickers and shifts furtively as if is running through presets on his synth. The effect is casually gorgeous.
The title track is anchored by a hissing hi-hat, while the rhythmic backbone feels serrated, with languid synths stretching over its sharp surface. It’s a forceful release, the latest in what’s proving to be a solid year.
- Luminous (Original Mix) RELEASE DATE: 2018-05-28
- Luminous (Divine 2018 Edit) LABEL: INSOMNIAFM
- Luminous (DJ 2018 Edit) CATALOG: IFMR173
- Luminous (Whales And Dolphins 2018 Edit)
- Luminous (Divine Instrumental)
- Luminous (Coincidence 2018 Edit)
- Luminous (Etude)